March meeting topics...

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 christoph at linuxsoup.com wrote:

> Greetings fellow BLU (wo)men group.  I'd like some feedback on whether
> or not the following topics would be of value to everyone.
>
> In the spirit of enterprise computing, here's my outline for March:
>
> 	30min 10,000 foot view of what I think "enterprise Linux" is about
> 	45min on RedHat Kickstart setup and deployment
> 	45min on Linux Logical Volume Management
>
> I should have a couple of servers, so there'll be plenty of live technical
> screw-ups & technical difficulties to entertain everyone.
>
> How does that sound?

Maybe add the new enterprise-tuned kernel/distro from Red Hat.

If you want to get more technical, maybe an overview of exactly what
bottlenecks servers present in enterprise environments (scheduling,
network IO, SMP concurrency, disk cache...)

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  Working with UNIX is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
DK KD  Working with Windows is like attacking a small whining
DDDD   child who is carrying a loaded .38           Nancy L. button