LINUX failover between two default gateways - more details

Thank you for your help.

That is definitely my first choice. I would love to have the two
Cisco's share a VIP that I could use as the default gw.

But I oversimplified the problem. The Ciscos are actually PIX's. And
right now they are clustered. But we are moving one to another building
to support two ISPs (one coming into each building) for redundant
connectivity.

The PIX's will be in two physically separate buildings. My
understanding is that the two clustered PIX's need to be wired together
directly. This is not possible here.

What I'm trying to accomplish is that servers in the DMZ that share a
VLAN between the two PIX's will still have a default gateway if one
goes down. So if a server in one building loses the PIX there, it'll
still have the PIX in the other building as a default gateway.

If I am wrong, PLEASE correct me. Clustering the PIX's is how I want to
solve this. But I think that I'll have to do the failover on the
servers.

Your help is greatly appreciated.