large file problem in rh7.1

So, I'm not able to cp the file into another dir on the
same partition, it stops at the 50 MB. I'll try creating a
80 MB file on another partition.

Also: it's the local hard disk. It's using whichever fs
comes with rh7.1, sorry don't know off-hand if that makes
it ext2 or 3. (The PC is at home and I'm at work.)

The memory I have is 128 MB RAM, 256 MB swap space.

Many thanks for all the help. I had read man largefile
before, and knew about the gigabyte limits. I thought maybe
rh was doing something non-standard.

I would just download this mp3 again, but the server
doesn't seem to be working anymore. I can read man fsck to
see how to check the consistency of the fs where this file
is sitting, when I get back from work this evening.

Question: Do you guys think it's possible to save the file
if it's an fs problem?

--- Scott Prive <Scott.Prive at storigen.com> wrote:
> You have a (disk) hardware or software (fs) problem.
> Check your fs consistency.
> You should be able to read files that are gigs in size,
> with no problem.
>
> Also, try creating another file that large on a different
> partition, if possible, and see what happens. You're
> using ext2 or ext3, correct?
>
> -Scott

=====
Ken Gosier