Wireless router question.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 09:25:37PM -0500, Dan Geer wrote:
> question:  if you are using directional antennas to bridge
> two wired nets, what is the aperture of vulnerability?

Directional antennas are not as directional as one might think.  There
are minor lobes other than the main pattern, and the main pattern
isn't pencil thin, and it won't just stop when it gets to your
intended receiver, it will over shoot.

If you can figure out how to lower transmitter power to just over the
level needed for reliable communications, that would help.

-kb