BBLISA meeting Feb 13th....

I thought this might be of interest to people on this list...

			   Bill Bogstad
			   bogstad at pobox.com

========                                                    ========
========           BackBayLISA Calendar of Events           ========
========                                                    ========

Date:		February 13, 2002
Time:		7:00-9:00 PM

Location:	MIT
		Building E51, Room 149
		Corner of Amherst & Wadsworth Streets
		Cambridge, MA

Schedule:	7:00-7:30	Introductions/Resume Sharing/Job Openings
		7:30-9:00	Speaker's presentation and discussion
		9:00-??		Adjourn to local eating/drinking establishment

Coordinator:	Bill Bogstad (bogstad at pobox.com)

Speaker:	Dr. Andrew Grimshaw
		Professor of Computer Science University of Virginia
		Founder & CTO Avaki Inc.

Topic:		Grid-based computing technologies

Dr. Andrew Grimshaw, Professor of Computer Science at the University
of Virginia, and Founder and CTO of Avaki, Inc. will be presenting on
his research into grid-based computing technologies.  He will be
discussing the architecture, implementation, and applications of the
Avaki environment. Potential applications of this technology to large
scale systems administration problems, including a federated file
sharing namespace, and enterprise-scale application management will be
included.

Directions:
    An ASCII map of the immediate area is appended.

    A better map is located at:
	http://www.bblisa.org/#mit_directions

    Park on-street or in the MIT lot on Hayward St.

        ***********************************
        *  ASCII Map to MIT Building E51  *
        ***********************************

                           \                  //
                            \Broadway        //
                             \              //                  //
                           T  \            //                  //
                               \          //                  //
   Main St.                     \        //   Longfellow     //
  --------------+---------+------+------++--)------------(--++--
                |         |            //       Bridge     //
                |Hayward  |Wadsworth  //                  //
              P | St.     | St.      //                  //
                |         |         //                  //
   Amherst St.  |         |        //                  //
  --------------+---------+       //Memorial          //
                       E51 \     //Drive             //
                             \ //                  //Storrow
         M. I. T.             ++     Charles      //Drive
                             //     River        //
    Key:
        E51 -- Building E51
          T -- Kendall Sq. MBTA stop (red line)