Remote X problem (Linux to SCO Unix)

Quoting Paul Lussier <pll at mclinux.com>:
> >  Alrighty then.  It's one of two things then.  Either the XDM login is
> >handling autolanching of apps, or Exceeed is setup to automatically log them
> >in, and start up the remote applications.  Either is valid.  If within
Exceed,

> To my knowledge neither XDM nor Exceed can do this.  Upon login,
> either will invoke your .xsession (or is it .xinitrc?) file.  If that
> is configured to start up apps, then that's where it's happening.

*Thhrrwp*.  To the unknowing, it magically appears that xdm is providing this
capability.  8-)  Thats what I had meant was happening.

  As far as Exceed doing it, it can indeed open up telnet sessions, etc, in the
background to handle this sort of thing.  As Derek pointed out, doing this OR
modifying the default shell scripts WOULD indeed be evil, but I've seen it done.

---
Thomas Charron
<< Is beadarrach an ni an onair >>