Remote X problem (Linux to SCO Unix)

In a message dated: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 14:00:51 PST
Vince McHugh said:

>> What error do you get at this point?
>
>The error I get when I type xterm & or xclock & is
>"error: can't open display"

I don't have your original post, but I seem to remember you doing
something like:

	export DISPLAY=something:1

Are you sure you're using :1?  :1 would be some other server, other
than the default running on that host.  I think, but maybe wrong,
that you really want to to use :0, not :1.

But, like I said, I don't have your original post, and therefore
can't go back to see what you're actually trying to do.
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon