Remote X problem (Linux to SCO Unix)

> Thomas Charron <tcharron at ductape.net>

>   I think I'm a little confused.  'Run its app'?
> What is the app?

at this point I would like to get any app (xterm or
xclock) to run, but ultimately there is apparently a
script that launches and open several apps (xterm,
xclock and a proprietary dispatch application). This
happens when we use either the windows/exceed or the X
terminals that come with the system.

I currently get an error: can't open display when I
try xterm & or xclock &

>   Chances are, more then likely, that Exceed is
> setup to remote into the SCO
> box, either via telnet, or ssh, and 'run some stuff'
> that causes an xdm login
> window to appear.

Just to clarify is the xdm login window the standard
SCO GUI login??? Because that IS what I am trying to
do.

> question here is, 'How do YOU want
> it to work'?  You could actually have the local X
> display utilizing the XDM
> login directly from the SCO box itself.

How would I do this?

=====