(usagi-users 01197) IPv6 Private Network Setup

--On Wednesday, January 23, 2002 10:17:25 AM +0800 vt
<vriztll at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to setup a private IPv6 lan network. I understand that
> I could do IPv6-in-IPv4 tunneling to access the IPv6-Internet.
> However, is it possible to do IP Masq to masq an IPv6 packet in a
> IPv4 packet to access external IPv4 sites? How do I setup the
> router to do this? For the client, am I right to say that nothing
> much is to be done except to get an IPv6 address from the DHCPv6 in
> the router? Thanks.

There is no NAT defined in IPv6 (afaik) and hopefully never came up...
...because this will break e.g. end-to-end security feature.

In your case you have to configure global or site local addresses,
depending on your needs to reach the outside native. If only using
webbrowsing, you can setup an IPv6 enabled proxy and use site local
internally.

        Peter