Internal mail or chat MS98 and NT to Linux

Wall is very old (not pretty by today's standards), and I don't know if
implementations work outside of Unix.  This sounds like a job for Java!
 For example, Yahoo! offers a Java version of thier instant messenger
that should run identically on all your platforms.  There are other Java
solutions too:  search Google with "Java instant messaging".

Chris
(a Java fan)