Unable to mount hda w/ windows 95

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 08:32:26PM -0500, Derek D. Martin wrote:

> At some point hitherto, John J. Cruz hath spake thusly:
>
> > I've installed Red Hat Linux ver 7.2 and I elected to to use ext3
> > for the file system type.
> >
> > Now I get the following error message when mounting the hard drive
> > with windows 95:
>
> > Drive Mount Command failed.
> > "Mount /mnt/win95 2>&1" reported;
> > mount fs type not supported by kernel
>
> Yes!  And because I'm in a good mood, I'll even tell you what it is.

I agree with Derek.

I /think/ (but I don't have any virgin 7.2 installs around to check) that RH 7.2 provides the necessary filesystem support.  They seem to basically support almost everything under the sun via loadable modules.  So I'm thinking that you might want to start by looking at your fstab, before deciding to roll a kernel.

Of course, if you also bake a new kernel, you too might feel like spreading a little sunshine.  ;)

--

-Ron-
https://www.yellowbank.com/