Dual Booting with Windows Boot Loader

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what is going on
with my dual boot of Win Xp and RH 7.2 with implementing the Windows
Boot Loader.

I copied the the boot sector of my linux install and placed it on my
windows partition. The command I used to create this was:

dd if=/dev/hda6 of=/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1

Where hda6 was my linux root partition.

Yet after modifying the windows boot.ini and launching the boot manager,
I did not get any response.

So I then tried to copy the boot sector from my boot "floppy" disk via

dd if=/dev/fd0 of/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1

Still nothing? Which I thought was strange since the boot "floppy" disk
does work and boot up Linux?

I guess I must be missing something? Any ideas?
thanks
-g