linux install question (fwd)

You'll be much better off installing RedHat 7.2 instead.
Lots of bug fixes, new features, new drivers, ...

>>Ali

   From: "Avram Aelony" <avramaelony at hotmail.com>
   To: jabr at blu.org
   Subject: linux install question
   Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:12:24 -0500

   hi! My name is Avram Aelony, I found your email via linux.org under
   'Boston
   Linux and Unix User Group'.  I have a linux install question and I am
   hoping
   perhaps you can point me in the direction of a reasonable solution.

   I have a Red Hat Linux 6.2 Version CD along with a boot disk.
   I would like to install linux onto an NEC Versa 2655CD laptop (vintage
   circa
   1996) that previously had win95 and has been completely fdisked clean.

   With the linux boot floppy and install CD, I get prompted to press <enter>
   or text <enter> or expert <enter>.  (At this point, typing by the user
   still
   gets displayed onto the screen.)
   I have tried the first to choices, the result is the same: things begin to
   load appropriately until a graphic menu displaying language choices for
   the
   installation appears.  Normally, I would think that a mouse or keyboard
   response would be captured and thus the install could continue with the
   next
   screen.

   What does occur instead is that user input of any kind (keyboard input,
   mouse movements, shouting, etc..) no longer registers with the laptop
   display screen.
   Thus my install attempts are halted there, unable to proceed.

   I would very much appreciate any thoughts you might have in helping me
   with
   getting past this point & installing Linux.

   thanks in advance,
   Avram