ssh question

Hi all,

I couldn't find this in O'Reilly's ssh book:

When I su - <account> on a Solaris box, that user's .login file is
processed. However, when I ssh directly into that account from another
box, .login isn't processed. I know I could fix this by adding some
lines to /etc/sshrc to process each user's .login file on connect, but
isn't this something that should happen automatically anyway? I thought
that ssh ran the login program on that box, and I assumed that running
the login program would process the .login script...

Peter
--
Peter R. Wood - prw at prwdot.org - http://prwdot.org/