apache-perl-ssl?

I want an Apache server that has both SSL and mod_perl, and every Web
application that uses mod_perl recommends that it be statically
compiled in.  The last time I tried to apply the SSL patches and
compile Apache from source, I gave up in frustration.

Debian has an "apache-perl" package and an "apache-ssl" package, but
no "apache-perl-ssl" package.

Is there a way to get both mod_perl and SSL on the same Apache server
without beating my head against the patch-and-rebuild instructions
again?  Surely I'm not the first person who's wanted this....

--
"You don't win wars by dying for your country.  You win wars by making
the other dumb bastard die for his country."  --attributed to Patton