Activating on-motherboard (integrated) sound in Linux

I just setup my new Gigabyte GA-7dxr motherboard that has on board sound
and get similar errors with a brand new install of SuSE7.3, Sound worked
immediately. Errors below from console log.

Dec 14 23:09:10 linux modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
Dec 14 23:09:10 linux modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0
Dec 14 23:09:10 linux modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
Dec 14 23:09:10 linux modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0

However my sound works fine.  And since it does and I'm still
tweaking/installing other software on this fresh install, I haven't gone
and figured this out yet.  I'm wondering if these are related to my mb
having an AMR slot which I don't use.  I'll poke around over the weekend
  at some point and post if I find anything.

BTW the only problem I have found in the last 2 versions of KDE is that
I have had to kill the artsd sound server permanently, on SuSE 7.1 and
this new install of 7.3.  It was hanging apps and slowing the starting
of apps to point of wondering if I had a 486 or something.  Killed artsd
no more of that!

Mark