Web services for synagogues

At 11:30 AM 12/14/2001 -0500, David Kramer wrote:
>See, but that's the thing.  I *want* the website to be its best and meet
>as many of the users' needs as possible.  I'm not looking for a quick fix,
>otherwise I would stay on the uahc.org server.

I agree. The whole point is to make it easy to use, but also easy to
customize. My idea of a good layout will not necessarily agree with another
organization. Uncustomizable software (or that which takes a lot of work to
do) is no good to me. I guess I've found an itch to scratch...

>I'm one of those wierdos who *likes* doing this stuff.  Software
>development isn't just a job for me (actually, it's not that right now,
>but you know what I mean), it's a passion that keeps me up til early in
>the morning many nights.

I'm with you on that one. I've only been unemployed for 2.5 months, but I
can already feel my brain starting to atrophy. I need to write software and
be productive. It's what keeps me going and helps me to think clearly.
Solving problems is fun, and that is what software development is all
about. Unfortunately for me, my brain likes to think at night, which
greatly annoys my wife. ;-)

Drew Taylor                     JA[P|m_p|SQL]H
http://www.drewtaylor.com/      Just Another Perl|mod_perl|SQL Hacker
mailto:drew at drewtaylor.com      *** God bless America! ***
ICQ: 135298242