cdrom

>    It might help to know for sure how the disc was created (what
software,
> format, etc).  I don't know of any burning software that normally
creates
> other than ISO9660, unless it's something like Adaptec DirectCD.  In
that
> case I'm not sure it CAN be read by anything other than DCD. I'm
probably
> wrong, though.

I have heard many people say that DirectCD-written CDs work perfectly if
mounted using the UDF filesystem.  As I haven't run into such a disc
myself, I cannot confirm this, but the kernel documentation would be a
good place to start if it's actually an issue for anyone.

Brian J. Conway
bconway at wpi.edu

"LINUX is obsolete"
     - Andrew S. Tanenbaum, creator of Minix - Jan 29, 1992