Running SSH (Secure Shell) service on RedHat 7.2

It is enabled by default on Red Hat. I think Ali needs to review the manual
for his firewall appliance (I think he said he was using one) and ipchains
and then configure the protocol through both in order to access it from
"outside" (the other side of the firewall(s) he's behind).

That's assuming the front of the appliance is unrestricted.

Ali,

Is your box at home or at MIT?

Are you running a netgear/Linksys?

Have you ever been hacked while behind a firewall?  :-)

Are you running IPchains (the software firewall on the linux box itself)?

I'm sure I've missed something...

Chuck Young
Security Consulting
Genuity E-Services