Linksys router/firewalls

Yes, it is definitely a new release. From the release notes:

Firmware Date    : October 24,2001
Current Firmware : Version 1.40.2
Product PartNo   : BEFSR11/BEFSR41/BEFSRU31

Ver #.          Date            Description
1.40.2          Oct 24,01       1. Fixed DHCP server probem that assign one
IP address to 2 PCs
                                 2. Fixed traceroute problem under router
mode(traceroute can not
                                    find out the Linksys router)
                                 3. Fixed ip filter problem when start ip
is bigger then end ip
                                 4. Fixed Log radio disappear when click
Cancel button on Log UI page
                                 5. Fixed some time user can see the UI
page without password problem
                                 6. Fixed PCC prompts "This version needds
the special router" when installation
                                 7. Change the aging time of AOL
application (#5190) connection to 90 minutes.
                                 8. Modify UI pages to fix the banner
problem in Netscape 4.7, 6.0

1.40.1          Sept 10,01      1. Support Zone Alarm Pro firewall and
PC-cillin anti-virus software