Setting-up and running APACHE server

I don't know where the RH RPM puts httpd.conf, but "locate httpd.conf"
should tell you where it is. The next thing you need to do is look at the
error log and see what it says. The usual directory setup is:

/your/base/dir (I use /usr/local/apache)
   conf/   -  configuration files
   logs/   -  log files (error.log should be here)
   htdocs/ -  document root
   bin/    -  apache binaries

Apache is generally pretty helpful with it's error messages, so once you
find the error log let us know what it says.

Drew