Backup software

> I evaluated the scripts vs. my current skill w/ shell scripting (introductory)
> and am a bit intimidated.  After a month of testing each segment of the
> script I may be able to comprehend what is being done.

I can strongly recommend "Unix Shells by Example", by Ellie Quigley, as
a great reference.

Unfortunately, it doesn't cover extensions of 'bash', and specifically
array variables, which my script makes uses.  For that, the bash
info pages and other online docs are good.

I'd be happy to explain any part of the scripts for you, but it sounds
like you'd prefer BRU or Arkeia.  Mandrake's 7.1 "Complete" edition came with
Arkeia.  That's probably as good a recommendation as any.  There are others...