Midrange video card?

I'm looking for a video card for my latest linux box, and the hardware
support pages are driving (no pun intended) me crazy, because there's
seven variations of each video card name.  I see lots of conflicting
data on Radeon and other ATI cards (because they use the same buzzwords
in different cards), and same goes for NVIDEA.  Can someone recommend a
good video card to me?  My criteria:

-This is NOT for gaming, but I want high-res X with excellent font
legibility.

-Under $100 ok, under $70 better

-Prolly want 32MB for greater color depth

-DVD support would be super, but not that important.

-I would like something that is NOT discontinued, but NOT so new as to be
untested in the field.

-Must be AGP, but it can be slower AGP.   I just don't have a PCI slot for
it.

-I would consider OEM cards from a vendor I knew.

Thanks in advance.  Pointers to reviews and cheap sources also
appreciated.

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
DK KD  He won it by making other bastards die for their country."
DDDD                            -General George Smith Patton (WWII)