Running Web server on ATT BroadBand

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Peter R. Wood wrote:

> on 11/30/01 8:31 PM, David Kramer at david at thekramers.net wrote:
> > It is against the current terms of service (TOS) agreement to run any kind
> > of server.  They been blocking port 80 on a case-by-case basis.  They also
> > have been removing the DNS entries for some users, so nobody can find your
> > machine except by IP address.
>
> Actually, this blocking of port 80 falls under the Terms of the @HOME
> agreement. AT&T's own service agreement says that they take no
> responsibility for users running servers and won't support it, but they do
> permit it. However, AT&T also says that you may be bound by the terms of
> other agreements subject to change without notice. This includes the @Home
> agreement. Now, since @Home is going away, I am *hoping* that the @Home
> agreement will be dropped entirely and that this no-server clause will not
> be integrated into AT&T's agreement.

OK, let me get this straight.  You are expecting a PHONE COMPANY to become
MORE REASONABLE?

There are people on this very list who came to AT&T from MediaOne and have
port 80 blocked.  The names escape me.  Maybe it was at a BLU meeting.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD  Q:   Where did you get your good judgment?
DKK D  A:   From my experience.
DK KD  Q:   Where did you get your experience?
DDDD   A:   From my poor judgment