Alternatives to Sendmail

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 05:12:31PM -0000, Seth Gordon wrote:
> Oh, one other thing: qmail is not, strictly speaking, open source.

Yes, DJB seems an ornery cuss.  qmail is not part of Redhat, for
example, because DJB doesn't allow that.  But he does seem to want to
offer alternatives to sendmail, bind, etc., he is trying to reduce the
monoculture those packages have made, so I don't expect he would yank
permission to use his software.

I recently installed ezmlm, a mailing list manager package, and it
seems to be working well on a smallish (~140 subscribers, one message
every day or so) one-way list I am hosting.  ezmlm is also by DJB and
specifically works with qmail.

-kb, the Kent who would prefer quality open source packages for mail,
DNS, mailing lists, etc.