Alternatives to Sendmail

On 28 Nov 2001, Seth Gordon wrote:

> Oh, one other thing: qmail is not, strictly speaking, open source.
> It's distributed in source form, and plenty of folks have published
> patches for it, but (a) there's no explicit license distributed with
> the code, so in theory, the author could change his mind and tell
> everyone they no longer have permission to redistribute it; (b) anyone
> who distributes binaries has to base them on the unpatched source
> code, without changing anything, including the directories into which
> things are installed.

That's a good point.  Thank you all for your feedback.  It sounds like
postfix is the way to go for me.  I don't need high-throughput, just
easier to configure and more secure.

JABR, would you be able to bring me the tape of Courtney's postfix
presentation on Saturday?  If so, Ill wait till I see that.

DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  "Democracy is the art and science of running the circus
DK KD  from the monkey cage."
DDDD                                                 -H. L. Mencken