FBI seeks rerouting of certain traffic

On Friday 23 November 2001 08:17 am, you wrote:
> John Chambers said:
> > Yup. Maybe what we should be doing is teaching a history lesson.  Way
> > back  when  the  US  Defense  Department's  ARPA  (Advanced  Research
> > Projects Agency) started funding development of what we now call  the
> > Internet,  one  of  the  oft-quoted requirements was that the network
> > continue to function under battlefield conditions....
>
> Worse yet.  The whole idea is just technically insane.  You're going
> to tap what?  Accesses to otherwise innocuous looking $10 ISP websites
> that have steganographically-encoded messages on them?
>
> Smells like the insane "War On Drugs" to me.

I agree... I see my self working the next 20 years to pay taxes for another
stupid war, that will really only damage the IT community/security/privacy etc
not really stop any terrorism from putting an add in the news paper of some
city to communicate any msg like in the old days of cold war...(hummm or they
going to ban newspapers ads now also?)

rek2

> ccb

 _______________________________
/---------|---------||----------|-------------\
1110010 1100101 1101011 110010
   R           E            K            2
  Unix/Linux system administrator
	   MW       LUG

"good, updated aplications and good administration! is the key to security
not one can live with out the other". by rek2