Monitors and power draw

J Kann <jkann9 at hotmail.com> writes:
>Yet another factor is radiation from a CRT screen.
>
>I seem to remember my Mom saying don't sit so close to the TV.
>(And I say it to my kids today...)

There isn't enough radiation to worry about.

However, I think your mom was right for a different reason.  (I am
convinced) if you spend enough time looking only at nearby things,
then your eyes will adapt (permanently) to make nearby things easy to
look at.  In other words, myopia.  I conclude that if you're going to
spend a lot of time looking at a screen, the screen should not be too
close, or else you should be wearing (plus) glasses to move your
"relaxed" focus from infinity to the actual working distance.  Same
for reading.  (I just wish I'd seen those research results before I
spent all that time reading with my distance glasses on, thereby
making the problem worse.)

	    - Jim Van Zandt