Monitors and power draw

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> Just a quick question on monitors in general and their power draw.
> I was curious regarding the amount of power a standard CRT monitor
> might draw in contrast to a (roughly) equivalent TFT flat panel monitor.
>
> And speaking of roughly equivalent, it appears that the 15" TFT screens
> are roughly equivalent to the 17" CRT.
>
> Another thing is the backlighting. Some warrantees specifically include
> the backlighting, some do not.

Regardless of the power draw, oil baron that I am, I would still (today)
always choose a CRT.  No interpolation when changing resolutions.  Better
animation.  Wider field of view.  Larger screen size per dollar.  Keeps my
coffee warm.

I'd like to use less power and real estate, but just not worth the
tradeoff, IMHO.  Yet.

--

-Ron-
https://www.yellowbank.com/