Monitors and power draw

Just a quick question on monitors in general and their power draw.
I was curious regarding the amount of power a standard CRT monitor
might draw in contrast to a (roughly) equivalent TFT flat panel monitor.

And speaking of roughly equivalent, it appears that the 15" TFT screens
are roughly equivalent to the 17" CRT.

Another thing is the backlighting. Some warrantees specifically include
the backlighting, some do not.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group