having to reload network

I recently upgraded from Redhat 6.2 to 7.1.  I'm also running Ximian
1.4.  I installed from cd, removed all the Ximian rpms that were for
6.2, and reinstalled Ximian.

I have some configuration problem.  When I leave my box for any length
of time, I have to reload the network.  I lose any rlogin connections I
have, and any mount points.  I'm not able to rlogin, and machines can no
longer see my exported disk.  I do '/etc/init.d/network reload', then
'mount -a' and things are  back to normal.  I've updated the files in
/etc/xinetd.d to enable everything, but this didn't help.

Does anyone have any insight into how I might fix or debug this?

TIA,

Michael Teixeira