PHP and MySQL book

I am planning to set up a dynamic/database-backed website on
a Linux platform. In search of finding a good book which covers the
necessary information to start using PHP and MySQL, I have come
across the following two books:

	1. PHP and MySQL Web Development
	   by Luke Welling and Laura Thompson
	   publisher: SAMS
	   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672317842/qid=1005688550/sr=                  2-1/ref=sr_2_15_1/103-8974966-9322252

	2. Build Your Own Database Driven Website
           Using PHP and MySQL
	   by Kevin Yank
	   Publisher: SitePoint
	   http://sitepoint.com/books/

I will appreciate if you can enlighten me with your responses on:

1. Do you know of better environment than PHP and MySQL for this
   purpose?

2. Which of these two books do you recommend?

3. Do you know of any other books which cover BOTH PHP and MySQL?

Thanks.