Subject: Boston Network Users' Group meeting announcement
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 00:53:43 GMT
From: "Josh H. Turiel" <josht at janeshouse.spambites.com>
Newsgroups: roadrunner.techtalk.general

I figured this'd be the best of the AT&T groups to post this in, since
this is the one that actually gets read by people :-)  A lot of you
probably have heard of BNUG but not often...  We're trying to raise our
profile a tad now, hence some of us are posting on our ISP newsgroups.

Anyhow, here's the announcement:

                     BNUG: BOSTON NETWORK USERS GROUP
                   ------------------------------------
                         NOVEMBER MONTHLY MEETING

                             HOME NETWORKING:
               SHARING YOUR BROADBAND CONNECTION WITH YOUR
           HOUSEHOLD AND NOT SHARING IT WITH THE ENTIRE WORLD

 This months meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 13 and the topic
 will be home networking with our own Mark Kushinsky and Josh Turiel.
 Come and see how to share and protect your home broadband internet
 connections.  And, even if you are running a home network already,
there  will be opportunities to ask questions and to compare networking
design and strategies.

 Join us at Novell's office in at 60 Williams Street in Wellesley, at
 the intersection of Route 9 and Route 128 (I-95 Exit 20-B).  Beginning
 at 6:30 PM, meet old friends and make new ones over refreshments.  The
 meeting will start at 7:00 PM and run no later than 9:00pm.

            BNUG meets the second Tuesday of every month.
     Our motto is "Free Stuff!"  And in that sprit, our meetings
   and our membership dues are free -- and refreshments are served.
   If you wish to join, are interested in more information, or need
    directions to our meeting place, please visit our web site at:

                         http://www.bnug.org/

               This is our schedule of future meetings:

           December 11th - Big BNUG 15th Anniversary Gala
                  January 8th - Networking Basics
                       February - Wild Packets

              COMING IN FEBRUARY: ANOTHER "BNUG BOOT-CAMP"
   On February 2, 2002, the Greater Boston Network Users Group is
holding
   a full-day Saturday seminar on FIREWALLS and VIRTUAL PRIVATE
NETWORKS.
   This is not a vendor presentation disguised as a seminar.  No vendors
   will be making presentations selling their stuff.  You'll have a full
   day of practical, useful, material covering the what, the why and the
   how-to of using these techniques and strategies for defending your
   network.

   The cost is $85 in advance and $100 at the door.  This includes the
   seminar, copies of all handouts, continental breakfast, lunch and
   afternoon snack.  Contact BNUG to reserve your spot now!

How to get there: