PGP/GnuPG keysigning at BLU meeting?

robertb-blu at continuumsi.com (Robert Brown) writes:

> I'd like more information.
>
> I use pgp 2.6.X and pgpsendmail.  I do not use gpg because I thought that
> I cannot use the public keyservers with it.  Is this correct?

No, this is not correct.  You can use the Public Keyserver with gpg
and also with PGP 6.x.  Note that there are still some problems with
subkeys on the Keyserver, but generally it works fine.

> Also, is there something like pgpsendmail for gpg?  I noticed that the
> messages below have attachments.  Is there a way to automatically encrypt
> and/or sign all messages sent, perhaps as an S/MIME attachment?  (Are the
> attachments below S/MIME attachments?  I have never seen one so I don't
> know.)

The user interfaces between pgp and gpg are sufficiently different
that pgpsendmail may require some work to support it.  And no, what
you've got here is not S/MIME, but PGP-MIME.  And yes, there are
programs that will support PGP-MIME.

-derek

-