PGP/GnuPG keysigning at BLU meeting?

Bill Horne <billhorne at mediaone.net> writes:

> Don't we have to agree on a version first? I thought PGP versions weren't
> compatible with each other or GnuPG.

This is not completely true.  There is RFC 1991 PGP (i.e. PGP 2.x) and
there is RFC 2440 OpenPGP (PGP 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, GPG, etc).  All the
OpenPGP "PGP" implementations are backwards-compatible with PGP 2.x,
and are fully interoperable with each other.  PGP and GPG are
interoperable as well, provided you either use the 'required'
algorithms or you use the extra encryption modules with GPG.

In my experience, pgp and gpg are interchangable.

-derek

-