[BLU] Re: [BLU]

The main issue I pointed out is not from the Linux or Unix point of view
since many MUAs on Unix and Linux platforms are capable of some very
sophisticated filtering.  However, I did point out that many Windows
clients do not have the capability.
Actually, I found that exchange actually removes the X-List-Info: field. On
Windows, I have not found a decent email program that can use any of
the X- fields or the Sender: field.
Outlook (&co), Pegasus, Netscape, Eudora arer limited to the normally
exposed headers. I have not checked Calypso.

At home I use exmh with filtering provided by procmail, which does a
good job.
On 4 Oct 2001, at 19:43, Greg Galperin wrote:

> > I don't see the point.  As discussed, almost any MUA, and certainly
> > procmail, is capable of filtering on the existing headers.
>
> Actually, from the discussion on the mailing list, it seemed like many
> people on the list were reading mail with software which didn't have
> that functionality.  I understand that software exists which does, but
> several people said that their MUAs only filtered on a few headers,
> incl. the subject line.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group