SamSung SyncMaster 753DF driver?

Greetings,

I've replaced my dead monitor with a SamSung SyncMaster 753DF 17 inch
monitor.  I have not been able to get it to work with Linux/Red Hat
6.2.  I have used Xconfigurator and the available SamSung drivers (753DF

not p/o it) and also used Customize but to no avail.  Every time it
probes the OS freezes and I must reboot.  There must be a better way
then repeating this event on a trail & error bases.  In M$ the monitor
is operating at 68.6 kHz/85 Hz/1024 x 768 (horiz, vert, and resolution,
respectively).

Has any one tried editing the /etc/X11/XF86Config file?  If so would you

share the data entry and location for this data in the XFree86Config
file?  Or better yet is there an rpm driver?  Thank you.

jjc

-