Using ssh through ISDN line]

At home I use SSH on my PC (windows 98) to get connected
to my MIT account without any problem through dialup connection.

My wife uses ISDN line which connects her the Internet
through UMass where she can surf the web or telnet without any problem.
However, I cannot make any ssh connectin using that ISDN line!

Is there anything specific about ISDN lines which might disallow
ssh connection? (I should mention that UMass does not have any
FireWall, or ....to prevent ssh).

Any clue?

Thanks.
Al.