heat sink failure test video

Yeah, I buy all my processors by looking at their thermal characteristics
first, their capability and cost second. If you liked the scary video,
I've also got some great footage from ABC of an "exploding" GMC Jimmy from
a few years back.  You might remember the one, ABC deliberately removed
safety devices from it to show the risk of dangerous explosion and failed
to tell anyone about the modification before running the footage.

Same thing, run a component out of spec, disable the thermal sensors
on the mobo, you get what you deserve.

Tom's hardware pretty much stinks of payola from Intel.  Even their most
pro-AMD articles are couched in "just wait for Intel" FUD. Since they lost
the performance war, why not try to create a false safety scare.

For the rest of us who actually care whether a processor is going to do
the job we ask it any faster than the one we already own, I highly
reccommend reading:

http://www.vanshardware.com/articles/2001/september/010927_Pandering/010927_Pandering.htm

The article does a methodical job of showing why the P3 is faster at half
the clock rate of the P4 for most applications, especially since Intel is
trying to retrofit the P4 to SDRAM.  Since the K7 exceeds the P3 in
performance,  the P4 is a grand waste of money.

-Charles