Big bad Lilo [was RE: Dual boot question (W2K and Linux)]

Derek, thanks for the reply.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't run Windoze, but I need it to run certain
compiled command executables on W2K in a dual/twin boot scenario with
VMware.  There are other app issues.

I would like to use Lilo to boot both, rather than NTLoader, but I really
could not care less.  I just don't want to need to boot off a floppy to get
to "high" cylinders or run into trouble with W2K during the install,
although overwriting the win MBR is no issue.

/dev/hda1 3 Mb booterup partition (and /boot)

/dev/hda2 20 GB NT5 ntfs partition

/dev/hda3 10 GB root partition (way up there)

I would love to install Lilo OVER the win 2K MBR and have it launch a root
partition way over the 1024 limit.  Is this possible?  I have not heard of
this

Chuck Young
Internet Systems Engineer
E-Services Consulting