ftp script in expect

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Ron Peterson wrote:

>What with the constant barrage of new and improved virii, I thought I'd
>make it easier to help my Windows friends.  So I wrote this little expect
>script.  Problem is, it stops downloading and quits after one file.
>
>(?)
>
>spawn ftp ftp.nai.com
>expect "Name*:"
>send "anonymous\r"
>expect "Password:"
>send "devnull at pagoda.mtholyoke.edu\r"
>expect "ftp>"
>send "cd pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x\r"
>expect "ftp>"
>send "bin\r"
>expect "ftp>"
>send "prompt\r"
>expect "ftp>"
>send "mget *\r"
>expect "ftp>"
>send "quit"

This looks like a job for 'wget'.  Something like:

	wget -r -b -c ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/

should do the trick.

mwl+blu at alumni.unh.edu
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-
Put your wasted CPU cycles to use: http://www.distributed.net/
"No sir, I don't actually believe you evolved from apes. From
 where I'm standing, there's little discernable difference."

-