small, portable server-like computer w/o keyboard or monitor?

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Robert Brown wrote:

> A few years ago, I remember there was a demo of a computer being designed by
> Corel (I think) that was very small.
>
> Anyway, I'm looking for something like this.  Not a desktop and not a laptop:
> somewhere in between.  I would like it to have disk space, perhaps a
> parallel port or SCSI port, an ethernet jack, but no video or keyboard
> needed to run it.  Obviously, it has to be able to run Linux, preferably
> Debian GNU/Linux.
>
> Does anything like this exist?

Corel had such a machine, the Netwinder, a number of years ago. Corel sold
it to Rebel.com, which I believe didn't survive the tech stock bubble
burst.

I've got one of these at home; unfortunately the hard drive died, and I
haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. It made a nice firewall.

Information was at www.netwinder.org; last time I cheked it was still up,
so that would be a good place to look for more details.

Another tiny box is the Espresso PC; this is based on a Celeron processor,
and the unit is about the size of an old Sony Walkman. The original model
had no network connector, but I beleve they have a new model that does.

ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj / Email jabr at blu.org

-