[BLU] Re: [BLU] Re: Monster.com Accused of Violating Privacy (fwd)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Jerry Feldman wrote:

> This is probably the highest risk whenever you are posting your resume
> to a jobs database. At least when you use a head hunter, that head
> hunter generally uses some discretion.
> Actually, I had a head hunter one time who called my current employer,
> with my knowledge, and pissed her off. Two of my references called me
> to complain about the jerk (who became my ex head hunter).

For this, and other reasons, I actually like monster.com.  My resume is
online, but they offer the option (which I have selected) to not have your
resume searchable by anyone; it's just there so I can have them send it to
companies I choose.

> Another war story. Years ago when I worked at Burger King Corp (as a
> programmer), one of the local head hunters was a former BK employee

Would you like documentation with that?

> As a contractor I chose my head hunters carefully. I avoid a few of them
> like the plague.

OK!  So let's all start swapping notes!  Bonus points for anecdotes.

I'll go first:

------------- Good
KForce
Winter Wyman

Atlantis Partners (shudder)
Triad Personnel Services (eeek!)

STATS TO DATE:
Years of experience in the industry:          15
Resumes sent out since the end of June:       81
Face interviews with companies:                2
Phone interviews with companies:               1