Laptop recommendations

On 9/4/01 8:03 PM, "Robert L Krawitz" <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I'd really like the higher resolution, even with a slightly smaller
> screen (14").  My previous monitor was a 17" (read: 16") that I always
> ran at 1280x1024.

Good luck in finding one.  I don't think there is a 14" LCD screen that has
a resolution of 1280x1024.  The fix to this is to connect a CRT to a
laptop's external VGA port.

My current work laptop only has a resolution of 1024x768 with a 14" screen.
The G4 TiBook  has the same height of a 14" screen with about an inch adding
to it's width.

There's a new Apple store in the Peabody North Shore Mall.  They've got a
bunch of TiBooks there to play around with and you should be able to pepper
the Genius Bar with all sorts of questions.

Here's a good information link for the TiBook:

http://www.apple.com/powerbook/

-