Laptop recommendations

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 12:59:06PM -0400, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
> I don't care about gaming, movies, and such.  The price on that Dell
> actually sounds pretty good; I'll check it out.  Needless to say, I
> don't care about the software that comes with it.

If you don't care about 3D acceleration, you might be able to get away
with using the standard X stuff, but you might need a kernel driver
from NVidia and their GLX libraries to get this guy to work with
XFree86, which you can get here:

  http://www.nvidia.com/nn/cp-linux.htm

There's a link to the install readme on the left side of the page.

If it's not mentioned, there's also some trickery to getting the
module to work with the GeForce2go (but it works flawlessly after you
set it up right).  If you have trouble e-mail me back and I'll send
you the necessary info.