Help! Linux won't boot and my nephew is coming for dinner!

Well, your best option is to get out a fork and knife and eat a large
helping of crow, right in front of your nephew.  Then discuss with him
what you did wrong, ask him how could think of a way to do it better, then
review the possible solutions with him.

If you want him to be in awe of your technical ability and think you never
mess up, then clearly this is the worst possible choice.  But if you
let this one go by the boards, you are missing an excellent chance to show
him concretely why you gave him the "always ask for help" talk and for him
to attempt to use it in problem solving.

You learn from mistakes, why not share the wealth.

Just my $.02.  Good luck.

-Charles

PS.  Your best option is to go into work, on a sunday, diskette in hand,
and make a boot floppy.  Either that or go to a neighbors and do the same.
My favorite is Tom's Root Disk, which includes just about everything
I can think of for accomplishing the tasks at hand.

Or, you can just run the shell from the CDROM, not the rescue option,
IIRC.  Then manually load the right driver.  That should do it.  But I
could be outrageously wrong, as I haven't dealt with an RH installer for
a while now.

-