DVD on Linux

If you're looking for an application to play DVDs on Linux, I highly
recommend VLC.  You can get it here:

  http://www.videolan.org

Like all of the Linux DVD players, it's still alpha quality, but it
seems to be pretty stable, and better than all of its competition, by
all accounts.

You need XFree86 4.x and a supported video card.  I had to get a patch
to use it with xvideo output on my NVidia GeForce2go in my Toshiba
Satellite (SDL output and xvideo output give only a big blue block on
my display without the patch for xvideo), but it works pretty well.
If you have a laptop with a GeForce2go chip, just ask me for the
patch...  It seems to work fine with other NVidia cards without the
patch, from what I hear.

I had trouble getting it to compile on RH 6.x, but it worked fairly
easily on RH 7.1.  There are also debian packages and I think Mandrake
and Suse as well.