windows-linux networking

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Abhi wrote:

> I am running redhat 7.1 and another machine has
> windows 2000.  I have them both hooked up to a hub
> (splitting my internet connection).  How would i go
> about networking them together so that I could share files?

Samba.  http://www.samba.org/.  O'Reilly publishes a book on Samba
(http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/), which they also (very kindly)
provide freely on the Internet.

With Samba installed on Linux, you can provide SMB file sharing
services to your Windows clients.

Using smbmount (perhaps via mount -t smbfs), you can also mount shares
you create on your Windows machines on Linux.

--

-Ron-
https://www.yellowbank.com/

-