Wireless ethernet?

No, WEP does no such thing.   Consider that your whole system, and
all users, have to share a single WEP key...    No, there is
no authentication.  And yes, WEP _DOES_ encrypt the on-the-airwaves
data, but does so in a broken way that allows someone to derive
your actual WEP key.  Once I have your WEP key, I'm on your wireless
network....  This implies that it's safer to not trust your wireless
network in the first place.

In other words, keep your wireless network "open" and use real
encryption/authentication technologies to let users access your
network services.

-derek

-