Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:26:51 -0400 (EDT)
To: ia64-list at redhat.com, redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: [REDHAT] Dell knocks Linux off the desktop

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 Matt_Domsch at Dell.com wrote:

> Continuing the tradition since 1999 when Dell began factory-installing
> Red Hat Linux on all PowerEdge Servers, Dell is pleased to announce
> availability of the PowerEdge 7150 Intel Itanium-based server, running
> Red Hat Linux 7.1 for the Itanium Processor.

And Dell is pleased to announce to drop Linux on Desktops and Laptops.
http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-6757216.html

It would have been nice to see at least an ADD campaign that they offer
Linux as an option on desktops and not to sell a Redhat Linux PC for as
much or more than Windows.
It seems to me that they just offer it on their products but they do not
really care to push it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Werner